Naomi Wu

The second discussion I participated in on Hacker News went a lot worse. Among other things, my comment was flagged, I was accused of victim blaming and Naomi Wu showed up to attack me herself.
I'm almost certainly the highest ranked woman on Hacker News. I spent a lot of time there for a lot of years.

It is an overwhelmingly male forum and a good faith estimate is that it was about 98 percent male when I showed up. Unsurprisingly, as a former homemaker trying to get a public life who had very little work experience, people there very very frequently were like "What nonsense are you going on about????"

But I wasn't usually treated abusively and people frequently had my back.

The incident where Naomi Wu showed up herself on my turf to attack me involved a pattern of behavior I never saw before that incident nor after.

She's a woman and people were viciously attacking me for participating in good faith in a conversation about women's issues and not letting up and no one was really coming to my defense.

I think everyone recognized on some level this was a coordinated attack.

I believe Naomi Wu showed up to a forum where she didn't regularly participate and had people in place to aid and abet her malicious interaction with the forum where she planned ahead of time to attack people who didn't kiss her ass and have others attack them.

And I believe this is standard practice for her and it's why she screenshotted my remarks to post to Twitter and continue dragging me: So I couldn't come into her turf with my people and do the same to her because it's not readily findable by search.

She is or was breaking the law in China to access income from Westerners and then pissing all over Westerners and acting like she is the victim.

Her followers are people who want to believe sexism is about men being assholes and who like being man hating, man bashing, awful people saying how they dress and how they behave doesn't matter.

It's justification for intentionally malicious behavior on their part.

If I ran a forum and learned that multiple members colluded in something like this, I would ban all of them.

And if I ran a business or other organization and learned that someone "having problems" there followed this kind of hateful cult of personality stuff, I would start looking for evidence proving they are the problem and actively shit stirring on the assumption they probably need to be removed for the health of the organization.

I very briefly followed her Twitter account, a few hours I think or days at MOST. It was all trauma drama all the time. I quickly noped out.

She dresses in an intentionally hyper sexualized fashion, then complains endlessly about toxic sexism and sexual harassment etc.

I used to think "I'm not well. I have health problems. I'm vulnerable. I'm not up for this. It's me, not you."

I've changed my mind. 

Comments