Two Questions on AskFeminists

Why is women's pleasure stigmatized and deprioritized?


I don't want to engage overly much with r/AskFeminists. For one thing, as stated bluntly on this blog, I don't self identify as a feminist which is part of why this blog replaced a previous blog called Feminist Slacking.

Given that I'm probably the most famous person you've never heard of and people routinely recognize me from what someone recently called elseweb, spending too much time there is practically guaranteed to invite some internet asshole to make a stink about my participation. 

For another, I have my own mental framework for a lot of things which will not jibe with "official feminist rhetoric" or standard feminist views. And I get tired of the internet bullshit of trying to establish pecking order or whatever rather than trying to understand what I'm trying to say in good faith to participate in the discussion. 

Probably best for me to use questions there as a jumping off point for blog posts more than trying to engage in discussion knowing it will get me essentially nothing but grief.

The first one listed above is marked as a "recurrent topic." AskFeminists is a space full of people still trying to sort their thoughts on a lot of things where I somewhat often have already spent years in therapy and etc etc etc and have some fairly clear ideas about what I think is going on. 

Given my Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect" life, I don't think I will get anything out of participating there.

Maybe after I die, like some joke I saw about a guy who wore a paperbag for a hat, I will be recognized as "before my time, like all great minds."

Probably not though and I still need to figure out how to make my life work while I'm still alive.

So I'm just going to post this and most likely upcoming posts will be "as inspired by" these two questions, a favorite phrase of mine that comes from Cyburbia, one of the toxic forums where I was mistreated and ultimately banned for what I feel are really shitty reasons from people who are damaged goods.