Being a Minority

We don’t need ChatGPT summaries that are longer than the video here. Please think about how this does nothing to expand the conversation.
This comment is annoying. It's likely a violation of the HN guidelines. It's personally attacking and dismissive and assumes the worst about me, etc.

It's an overwhelmingly male forum and I post as openly female. I'm on the leaderboard. I may be the only openly female member to ever be on the leaderboard and some people there know my name and know I'm a woman and I feel it's clear that SOME people intentionally needle me to try to get my goat BECAUSE I'm a woman, kind of like a boy pulling a girl's ponytail as an excuse to touch her hair.

Of course, in any given instance, I can't KNOW for a fact if they know who I am or why they did it and sometimes it feels like you just can't win. I initially replied then deleted the reply. No good will come of replying to someone in violation of the rules who is making bad faith, ugly assertions about MY comment.

Ironically, I have never used ChatGPT and have no interest in it, in part because it is associated with Sam Altman. I used to write anti-UBI blog posts and shortly after I had something interesting and intelligent to say about why I am against it, Sam would publish something pro-UBI with similar info that looked suspiciously like he read my blog posts, twisted around my original thoughts and research to support his position and then used it without citation, giving me no credit.

He CLAIMED to be pro UBI because he's a good-hearted guy going to bat for The Little Guy. I was HOMELESS at the time. Using my writing in that way without giving me credit felt like a sick burn and also like it proved he was a liar who had some motive OTHER THAN being "for" The Little Guy or he would have found some way to help me rather than USE ME and shaft me.

Of course, I can't prove it, just like I can't ever prove that some men on HN sometimes talk at me and act like awkward 13 year olds picking on a girl as their messed up idea of how to "flirt."

But I don't like the man, so it makes me disinclined to take any interest in ChatGPT at all. Which makes the above comment even MORE aggravating than usual.

Being a minority actively drives paranoia. You can never be SURE if someone is intentionaly shafting you or not but you can be sure of one thing: You will be left behind and get less out of it than the men/whites/whatever and that pattern will be suspiciously persistent.