Viveca

I really loved Viveca Lindfors in Stargate. She's the Swedish actress who played the elder Catherine Langford.

At some point, I saw an interview with her. I was impressed with her talking about not really caring about her looks or something like that.

I just thought she was such a striking figure in that movie and such a great role model for women. She had such confidence and didn't feel some need to hide her age or something.

I had never heard of her before Stargate, but she was apparently a big deal in her youth. They showed a clip from some old film she starred in when she was much younger that was considered shockingly sensual at the time that it came out.

My recollection is that it wasn't anything sexually explicit per se but it was very passionate and emotional as she made out with some guy on film. I guess it vaguely reminds me of Madonna rolling around on stage in a sexy wedding dress back in the day and how people found that all shocking and daring.

If I recall correctly, Viveca Lindfors then-boyfriend was the director of the film and their relationship ended after the film was made. She said they "put their love into the film" as her explanation for how making this film killed their relationship.

The interviewer said something about her making out with the other actor "in front of" her then-boyfriend or something like that, clearly seeing her doing her job in the film that her boyfriend was directing as being like a kind of sexual infidelity.

To the visible shock of the interviewer, Viveca corrected him and said "for him."