Ent Draught

I had the highest SAT score of my graduating high school class and was one of the top three math students in that class. I then ended up being a full-time wife and mom for a lot of years.

My stellar math background came in handy for doing things like mentally adding up the cost of the groceries as each item went into the cart to help manage our perpetually tight budget, but this sort of thing won't make you the first female Fields Medalist or some such.

It won't build your resume. It won't get you a promotion. It won't enhance your career and help you end up in the history books.

So I spent my teens expecting to be some kind of liberated, modern career woman and my twenties changing diapers, doing housework and checking books out of the library on women's issues trying to figure out what the hell happened to my life. How in the hell did I end up feeling trapped in some 1950s-style marriage when me and everyone who knew me thought, surely, I was career-woman material?

I then ended up homeschooling my kids and involved with The TAG Project. As a consequence, I ended up learning a lot about things like how IQ gets measured and the social and emotional issues of bright people.

I have been repeatedly exposed to the idea that male IQs and performance go to extremes -- men are overrepresented in both "genius" populations and homeless populations -- and female intelligence and performance cluster more towards the middle of the spectrum. I am strongly convinced this is probably 99 percent shaped by social forces and, no, men and women are not simply born with such strong intellectual differences.

Women live much more private lives than men. You can be the best cook, the best mother, the best at so many things that fall under the rubric "women's work" and the world will never know and you will only live comfortably if you also happened to marry well on top of being innately talented, intelligent and hard working.

In a nutshell: Professional chefs tend to be male and it's a well-paid profession and you can, in fact, be famous for it. Women tend to cook for family and friends and this does not lead to the same outcomes of money and public accolades, even if she's a better cook than a professional chef.

I do not think it's that women are more likely to be born intellectually average. I think it's in part that men are more likely to have access to ent draught to help them grow.

Socially speaking, one of the outcomes here is that smart hetero men desire smart women as mates but have trouble finding their equal. I don't think it's because "smart men" vastly outnumber "smart women."

I think it's mostly that female intelligence doesn't really get developed in the same way male intelligence gets developed. It mostly gets more or less flushed down the toilet and wasted on superficial crap that most men don't even care all that much about.
The words in the survey that women know that men do not know are mostly related to style or fashion.
Hetero men are infamous for not caring much about clothes or fashion.
"I dress for women and I undress for men." - Angie Dickinson
A lot of brilliant men are infamous for being awful to the women in their lives or incredibly difficult to deal with personally. I think brilliant men end up so screwed up in part because brilliant women end up actively denied development opportunities, thus leaving a dearth of good matches for such men.

It ends up being the dating equivalent of what I wrote about elsewhere recently:
If he were REALLY someone in, say, his twenties with a bachelor's degree or a PhD sitting in a sixth grade classroom surrounded by eleven year olds and being treated like he was one of them and expected to "make friends" with these kids, how well would that go?
I hereby posit the remedy for how to cure society of brilliant men being so often so screwed up is ent draught for women. We need to find ways to help women reach more of their potential in life, both in terms of personal/professional development and earned income/net worth.