A Compendium of African Queens

On October 11, 2020, a woman I follow on Twitter named Azie Dungey tweeted the following thread: > I made a note of it on a different blog of mine and thought I would do a blog post about each one, but never got back to it. I guess the short version is I have health problems and never really got around to it.

I didn't get around to it in part because I'm White, I don't really know the lady in question and I am leery of being assumed to be stealing her work instead of promoting her ideas.

I have no idea if she ever followed up or not and I probably won't "at" her on Twitter when I post this because I don't really know her and people get all these weird ideas that I am trying to promote myself or use them or some shit when I am trying to just be polite and say "Hey, this references your work. Just FYI."

I was struck by the depth of knowledge she had of each and that she seems to have an actress in mind for each role. My impression as an internet stranger who doesn't really know her -- which means it could be entirely wrong -- is that she wasn't really working on developing any of this, which is why she was "shit posting" about it on Twitter.

Maybe she's more together than I am. If so, good for her.

Hollywood: She's waiting if you need good material to work with. Her ideas look killer to me.

But, I mean, what the hell do I know?